Step-by-Step Instructions to Add Traditional Infrared Devices to Your SURE Universal Remote
The SURE Universal Remote supports both WiFi and IR devices.
SURE can be downloaded on all Android IR devices, such as: Galaxy, Samsung, LG etc.
Once you have downloaded the SURE Universal Remote control read the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to add your IR (infrared) devices:
1. From the “All Devices” screen tap the “+” symbol in the upper left of the screen
2. Select Traditional Remote (IR)
3. Select the Device Type. This can be your TV, set-top box, cable box, AV receiver, media steamer, disc player, air conditioner etc.
4. Select the Device Brand. SURE has an extensive brand database. We support anything from Samsung, LG, Sony to Haier. If we are missing your brand please let us know via this form.
5. Please wait for a few seconds while we search for all the devices that meet the criteria.
*Make sure that you are connected to WiFi to access all the remotes from the SURE Cloud – after you add the remote you will no longer need WiFi to use it.
6. Our database is very large and in order to find your specific model we need to run a test. This is very simple.
a. Take a note of how many tests are next to the “Remote” above the test buttons. (This is the maximum number of tests you need to run until we find your device)
b. Click the “Power On” button to check if this is your device
c. If your device switches on check the other buttons such as Volume Up, Volume Down etc. and if everything works click “Success! Save Remote”
d. If not, click “No, Next Test” and return to “b” above and keep running each test until the device responds to all the buttons
Congratulations! Your remote will now appear as below:
If you have multiple devices that you use together, such as a home cinema, you can set these up in one SURE System. This will enable you to turn them all on and off with one click.